Pages

Wednesday 23 July 2008

Gordon Brown and the Despatch Box

Just visited Blaney's Blarney and read about Gordon Brown's habit of thumping the Despatch Box when he speaks. I'm not about to take issue with the thumping, but it seems he holds a pen in his hand while doing so. This leaves black ink marks over everything.

I've met two people like that. One poked at a lacy tablecloth with a ball-point pen, the other poked at my books. Neither made it onto my list of close friends.

I live in Ireland, so Gordon Brown isn't really my problem. But I have to ask why the kind of person that can't be trusted with your books should be trusted with your country.

10 comments:

James Higham said...

This was excellent, Dragon Days. The point about the ink is one we had simply not considered properly before now.

Sackerson said...

Perhaps he should use a shoe, like Kushchev. But the we'd have to worry whether he'd cleaned it first. And would some of the polish come off?

Liz Hinds said...

That's a very good point, dragonstar. I get cross enough when people turn down corners of pages.

imac said...

Is any leader for the people??

Liz Hinds said...

I was going to present an award to Stephen for his photos but his blog appears to have gone?

CherryPie said...

All my books look brand new even after I have read them (several times)!!!

Dr.John said...

All leaders good and bad have some weird things about them. Great leaders are judged by their public deeds and where they took the nation not if they got the box dirty.

CalumCarr said...

I wouldn't worry. I don't think Gordon is worried about not making it onto your list of close friends. :-)

Kyanite said...

I think you have a very, very valid point there.

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Totally agree with you, dragonstar.