Pages

Thursday 17 July 2008

Favourite Things Thursday


Thursday is for Favourite Things hosted by
Blue

I really like bells.
I showed you all one of my bells on Wednesday of last week.


So I thought I'd show you my other brass bells.




This is an Irish bell, bought locally several years ago. I was learning spinning at the time, so the depiction of the Irish lady with the large old-fashioned wheel was irresistible.

This windmill belonged to my sister. She gave it to me to join the collection.

Second daughter gave me this one, a Welsh lady knitting as she walks.

I have a couple of others, but my favourites at the moment are these brass bells.
I hope you like them.

11 comments:

Nessa said...

I like bells too. Yours are very nice. I get mine out at Christmas.

Kyanite said...

You were first up this week!
I haven't seen brass bells for ages & ages. I particularly like the windmill, as it reminds me of a favourite visit to Holland.

James Higham said...

I have a set of chimes which hung over the front window. I loved them but people didn't so I had to wrap the striker in a tea towel. Quite a conversation pice it was.

Rosebud said...

Alas, I no longer have my bell collection. I started collecting bells when I was a teen ager. A boy gave me one in tenth grade as a Christmas present. It was crystal. That started me on a collecting frenzy. Moving all the time in early marraige and.... well, I no longer have it, so I needn't get myself upset over it.

You have a very lovely collection.

mrsnesbitt said...

That last one, mum had one very similar!
I have a lovely set of china bells, which I bought when in France in 1997. I knew I had met Mr Right and bought the ornament to hang in our new home. 21 years later they are still hanging up!

Roan said...

This is a very nice collection of bells. I like the knitting lady. Were I to try to walk and knit, I would be face down in the dirt. Now that woman has talent!

seev said...

Very interesting bells!

We have a set of chimes out on a tree which alert us to whenever the wind is blowing.

Unknown said...

I love your bells. I am not used to seeing brass bells, mostly porcelain around here. I loved the spinner bell. That one was my favorite.

Anonymous said...

What an unusual collection. And each piece full of memories :)

Daryl said...

Lovely, do they require a lot of polishing?

My late mother loved bells .. she had a little collection too..

:-Daryl

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

They are lovely, dragonstar. I, of course, like the Welsh lady best!