Pages

Sunday 2 November 2008

Baby Dragons

OK, so you all know by now that I'm a sad old woman - well, maybe not old, not really. Not yet.
I've seen dragon eggs on a couple of blogs, but I never got involved - not until Jonna set up her nursery! So off I went to steal my own eggs.
Now I have four pretty hatchlings.
According to the records, young dragons are relatively defenseless. Their scales don't grow in until right before they mature, and they have almost no strength. Once a hatchling's wings grow in, it marks the beginning of maturation. At this point they are usually left alone by their mother and begin to hunt and survive on their own.
Let me introduce you to my babies.

Seren Ddu
Name: Seren Ddu (or Black Star)
Its eyes glow brightly at night, and it enjoys attacking insects and small animals.

Tan Gwyllt
Name: Tan Gwyllt (or Wild Fire)
There's something strange about its eyes.


Name: Lleuad Fioled (or Violet Moon)
I think it's a girl, although I won't know until she's older.


Name: Glaswelltyn (literally a blade of grass, but my grandmother used the name to refer to the day-lilies she grew.)
It's a cute baby dragon...except for the tangle of dangerous-looking vines surrounding it...

So there you have my dragon family. It's going to be a lot of hard work to care for them until they grow, and they could still sicken and die, so I'll still be glad of your helpful clicks!

Have a good Sunday.



11 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are NOT old and NOT sad.
A little crazy maybe...

Roan said...

I tend to agree with aileni, but then I was actually considering getting a dragon of my own. I'm just afraid I wouldn't have enough time to care for her/him/it? Anyway, yours are really cute! BJ

Mrs Mac said...

Dilly says to tell you that she isn't defenceless: she has a pointy stick.

Cloudia said...

You are youthful in your energy that we feel. wise, but youthful.
LOVE those Welsh names!
Does the dragon on your flag have a name? Aloha from Waikiki!

Liz Hinds said...

Definitely not old or sad! They are cute. But why do we have to click? PLease explain.
Oh fiddle, I feel a hot flush coming on ...

Dragonstar said...

Thank you all, it's nice to have such kind friends.
Liz, the clicking seems to provide some kind of magical energy which helps the eggs to hatch and the babies to grow - or something! I wonder how big they'll grow. I've heard that some people breed them...

Kate said...

Oh you silly lovely lady, this made my day!
Welcome to your new babies, and have fun!

earthlingorgeous said...

Hey you are not OLD or SAD silly! You have lovely little dragons can I be godmother of them?

Anonymous said...

I clicked and clicked on the eggs on Saturday. It didn't seem to make much difference, but I see now that something must have been happening :)

Daryl said...

OLD? SAD? Puleeze

And we are all a little crazy, trust me normal is boring

:-Daryl

Damama T said...

We should all be so "old and sad"! LOL! You are too cute, lady. I clicked on your babies. Can't wait to see them grow. Hopefully teenage dragons aren't as much trouble as their human counterparts.