Pages

Friday 29 February 2008

Leap Day

Today is the day that happens once every four years. 28 years ago it was the day my second daughter wasn't born - she waited another 3 days, and ended up well overdue. Still, that's not today's story.

This is a special kind of day, an in-between day, possibly a day to make decisions to affect the next four years. A day of hope.


Yesterday I caught up on my visiting for ABC Wednesday, and I dropped in on Diana. She intends to spend the next 12 weeks exercising and losing weight, and like a fool I said I'd join her!

I've battled overweight most of my life. Two years ago I joined an on-line weight-loss organisation, and eventually reached my target weight. Then came Christmas and typical overeating, and since then I've lost it completely. So tomorrow morning I shall weigh myself, and start exercising - gently!

Wish me luck!

8 comments:

Nessa said...

Good luck. The flowers are so bright and cheery.

Silly Goose said...

The yellow flowers are lovely! Are they blooming now?

Good luck on your diet. You're setting a good example that I should follow. ;-)

Barbara said...

Well I wish you lots of luck with your exercising and I really hope you will be able to keep it up. I always start off with good intentions but unfortunately I rarely keep it up, so I hope you achieve more than me!

Dragonstar said...

Thank you all. The flowers are Potentilla from last year - I need cheering up in the gloomy weather we have at the moment!
It's nearly mid-day, and so far I've been good(lol)

TorAa said...

Haha - you are so honest. X-Mas eating, then: Oh gosh, itæs close to Bikini Season.
Great post, Mine is a kind of different (which is really interesting when communicating with people from alle over this planet)
http://toraa.blogspot.com/2008/02/leap-year-fun.html

Damama T said...

BEST OF LUCK! I know what that fight feels like. You, however, are much better at winning it that I have ever been. I have faith in you! Keep us posted on your progress, OK!

Liz Hinds said...

Good luck with the weight loss programme. I have been trying since ... forever it seems. I am uncomfortable with my weight now but don't seem to be able to get a grip on myself. The 12 weeks is a good idea. I wonder if I could ...

Dragonstar said...

toraa, your post is a fun one!

Damama T, don't worry, you'll all know what happens!

Liz, come on, join us - we can do it together!