Pages

Saturday 6 September 2008

Opening Doors - Final Day!


I'm running late today, but I've finally managed to post these for the last day of Jientje's Opening Doors challenge.

First is the door of a local bar - closed! Soon to be open, I'm sure.


Secondly, a door close to my heart - our own house door. This door opens frequently!

Finally, an old black & white photo I took well over thirty years ago, before the days of digital photography.
This arched gateway stood just inside the gates of a small park, beside the path.
Behind the gateway were a few trees and a blank wall.
The doorway to nowhere - or maybe to a land of magic!

I've really enjoyed finding doors for this challenge.
Thank you Jientje.

9 comments:

Suzie Ridler said...

I have always loved paths and doorways, these are wonderful!

James Higham said...

30 years ago? You're too young.

Carver said...

I love the idea of a doorway to the land of magic. Beautiful shot. The solid door to the bar and your own lovely door are also great choices.

Dr.John said...

Thank you for last three doorways. It has been good week.

CherryPie said...

Your front door looks very inviting :-)

mrsnesbitt said...

Oh the black and white one will come in for a meme I read somebody was starting tomorrow......
now who was it again? LOL!

Hey, have just answered some questions re the Aga, hope you enjoy it!

Dxxx

Anonymous said...

The old and the new - a nice selection.

Jientje said...

Oh my God!!
I missed so much here!!!
What a lovely " Opening Doors" post!
A doorpost,a wedding boat ...
And an archway to heaven?

Nydia said...

Wow! I loved this b&w photo, this gate looks magickal... I do miss the "old times" when no one had digital cameras yet, and we had to wait until the shop developed our photos, it was fun... *sigh*

Your hom door is so cute! This is the most special one for sure.

Kisses!