Pages

Tuesday 2 September 2008

Opening Doors - Day Two.


Here's a small door for Jientje's Opening Doors challenge. I'm not sure if this one would be easy to open, though!

I found this behind a shop on Main Street in Dungloe. A lot of the original old barns and store-rooms still exist behind the modern businesses - which themselves originated from dwellings. We still have people's front doors opening straight onto the street. I suppose the houses will remain, as it's a lot easier these days to build on a new site rather than work around the severe limitations imposed by the small spaces available.

Any way, that's my door for today.
Jientje has many more.

18 comments:

Jientje said...

A door, all the way up there!
What a great idea! How nice that it's still there!

Carver said...

It does look like it would be hard to get into that door but I love the rustic look of it. Old structure are very appealing to me, even abandoned ones.

Anonymous said...

That is a great door! What a find. Love it!

Anonymous said...

Love it! Looks like all you need is a ladder :0)

Unknown said...

That first step out is a doozie!

Melli said...

Watch that first step! It's a DOOZY! What a neeeeat old door! Love it!

Dr.John said...

Another door that it looks like it would be hard to get into. Nice picture.

Carletta said...

When I'm out I love looking for the old - the older the better!
Love this little door and all the different textures in the image!
Lovely find!

Anonymous said...

Watch that first step!

This looks like a very small door. Is it on a gnome's home? :) It is cute and different, though, which makes it a great choice for Open Doors.

Shelly said...

Watch your step on your way out! he he

Christine said...

What a neat door. Maybe it was for unloading trucks? Great find!

Anonymous said...

That's an interesting shot - great subject. You mention in your post about a lot of houses opening straight on to the street in Dungloe. Sounds a little like some of the larger villages and small towns of Carmarthenshire and the old West Glamorgan. Very Coronation Street!

juliana said...

well, what an interesting door! i wonder how it is used...

Evelyn said...

Don't you just want to climb up and look at what's inside that little door?

Gattina said...

That's a rather small door, I would bump my head, lol !

Anonymous said...

A most interesting little door. Good post.

Minkydo said...

What an interesting door.

Mrs Mac said...

ooo I love geodes.

I took quite a few photo's of doors "Up there" when we were in Derbyshire the other week. I'll have to sort through them and put them on my blog. They fascinated me!