Pages

Friday 5 September 2008

Opening Doors - Days Four and Five.


I didn't manage to post yesterday, so I'm trying to make up for it today.

The building below used to be the chapel in Dungloe. When a new chapel was built, the old one was de-consecrated, and became a centre for the local community. Inside, on the ground floor, resides the public library and the tourist information desk. Upstairs are offices, a large computer/meeting room, and a hall for lectures, exercise classes, and anything else you can think of!


I took these photos, as you can see, on a bright day. Under these conditions I have trouble with the view screen on my camera, and the photos aren't quite straight. Sorry about that!

Now this lower picture shows part of Main Street. I wanted to show the tiny room over the entrance to the yard at the rear of these two buildings.

And through the tunnel-like entrance you can see the doorway to the little house behind.

Jientje always has lovely doors, and you'll find more if you follow her Linky.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the way the old chapel is used for the community once it's no longer a chapel. It has an appealing door. The little door is so mysterious to me in the last shot.

Anonymous said...

Great doors here. I love looking through the tunnel and seeing that small house and door!

Gattina said...

It's true when the sun is shining you don't see anything on the screen, but your doors are very nice !

Nydia said...

Loved the last photo, it's like I was passing by it and glimpsed the tiny door! You live in a very lovely spot, Miss Dragon.

There's something for you at my page!

Kisses from us.

Melli said...

Nicely done! I have doors with a similar history to your top ones! I like peeking through that passageway too! A little game of I Spy! :)

Carletta said...

I love that the doors in the first one are opening into more doors.

That little house through the tunnel was a great find. I'd like exploring through the tunnel.

seev said...

Yes, interesting looking through that little tunnel under that room perched over it. Nice photos!

Dr.John said...

Well you sure provided lots of doors. Interesting doors and even secretive doors.

Jientje said...

That tunnel vision gets a five star rating from me , Alida!

Barbara said...

These photos are superb, I know what you mean about getting photos straight when it is bright, it is very difficult to see.