Pages

Monday 15 September 2008

Odd Shots On Monday


So I looked out of the window this morning, and there on a roof was a young man, hard at work.
The thing that struck me odd about this wasn't the way he strolled about the roof as if it were level ground, nor even the casual way he lifted himself up onto the chimney.
No, what amused me was the amount of smoke that was pouring out of the chimney! You can only see it faintly in this photo, but it kept billowing around the man as he worked.
He'll be well smoked.

Odd Shots is hosted by Katney, who's been off walking in aid of Breast Cancer Research. Visit her Odd Shot, and the comments of those who've played this week, and have fun!

13 comments:

Nydia said...

This is something you'd never see me doing, I get all unbalanced in heights! Just the thought makes me dizzy!

Thanks for the sweet words, Miss Dragon, you're a sweet.

Kisses & bright blessings from us.

becky aka theRAV said...

That is funny Dragonstar. If you had not told us about the smoke, I probably would not have noticed.

Kyanite said...

I hope they were burning seasoned wood not dirty coal!

dixymiss said...

Great catch! Reminds me of a scene from the American classic film, "Mary Poppins" starring Julie Andrews. This fellow is reminiscent of Dick Van Dyke's character "Burt" (the chimneysweep).

Daryl said...

You'll never see me that casual about anything off the ground ...


Great shot!

:-Daryl

Jane Hards Photography said...

What the heck! Not every day you wake up to find a man on the roof. That's a proper, no messing around odd shot.
Now I have that song "step in time" form Mary Poppins on my mind.

CherryPie said...

He should have been wearing a mask!

Dr.John said...

An interesting picture and very interesting observation.

Anonymous said...

Smoking in the work place is banned in this country ! Disgusting.

James Higham said...

And quite edible most like. :)

Roan said...

The smoke is visible if you look for it. Too funny. When I was a working property adjuster, I had to climb around on many roofs to assess damage, I never once walked around like it was flat ground. I'm embarrassed to say I often crawled around on the steeper ones! I probably had neighbors laughing hysterically as they watched. Wonder if there are any unknown shots of my chicken self? BJ

Barbara said...

I don't know how they do it, I know I couldn't.

Petrus said...

He's going to save on buying cigarettes !

Great picture - you were in the right place at the right time - that's how you get the good photographs ..