Pages

Friday 18 January 2008

Crazy Eights!

Siani tagged me with this a while ago, and it's taken me ages to complete it. It's not easy, as I'm not used to telling people how I feel. Still, for what it's worth, here I go . . . . .

  1. Eight things I'm passionate about:
    1. My family
    2. My animals
    3. My friends
    4. Plants and trees
    5. Wildlife
    6. Open air
    7. Singing
    8. Life!

  2. Eight things I say often:
    1. The thing about that is . . .
    2. But I told you!
    3. I'm tired!
    4. I'm hungry!
    5. Coffee!!!
    6. What do you want for dinner? (3 people, usually 3 meals!)
    7. This place is a mess.
    8. Good dog.

  3. Eight books I've read recently:
    1. Temeraire : Naomi Novik
    2. Knife of Dreams : Robert Jordan
    3. The Innocent Mage : Karen Miller
    4. Watchman : Ian Rankin
    5. Thud! : Terry Pratchett
    6. Forest Mage : Robin Hobb
    7. Time to Depart : Lindsey Davis
    8. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows : J. K. Rowling

  4. Eight things to do before I die:
    1. Hold my grandchild
    2. See all my children settled
    3. Become an Irish citizen
    4. Meet some of my on-line friends
    5. Visit some of the fascinating places I read about
    6. Learn (and speak) some other languages
    7. Sing in Beethoven's Choral Symphony
    8. Just SING!

  5. Eight songs I could listen to over and over again: (How on earth do I choose just 8?)
    1. The House of the Rising Sun - The Animals
    2. A Whiter Shade of Pale - Procol Harum
    3. Tears of the Dragon - Bruce Dickinson
    4. Send in the Clowns - Judy Collins
    5. Space Oddity - David Bowie
    6. Beethoven's Ode to Joy
    7. What is Life to me Without Thee? - Kathleen Ferrier
    8. Handel's Messiah (OK, that's cheating - it's many more than one song!)

  6. Eight things that attract me to my friends:
    1. An ability to make me laugh
    2. An ability to talk intelligently about anything
    3. A good sense of the ridiculous
    4. Understanding
    5. Gentle tact
    6. Truthfulness
    7. Trustworthiness
    8. An ability to put up with me!

  7. Eight things I learned in the last year:
    1. The world is full of caring people
    2. I have a wonderful family (I learn this anew frequently!)
    3. I can lose weight, but keeping it off is hard
    4. I prefer to shop on my own, but I must write a complete shopping list first
    5. I like window shopping (with coffee breaks!) but it's more fun with a friend
    6. Now I've lost weight I love buying clothes, particularly in sales
    7. I've developed a certain amount of vanity
    8. Blogging is easy - except when tagged with difficult memes!

  8. Eight people I appreciate enough to tag:
    Searching my soul for the answers to these questions has been difficult to me. I know I could have answered off the top of my head, and I did think of that, but I wanted to be as honest with you all as possible.
    I don't want to pressure anyone, so I'm chickening out of this part. If you feel you'd like to do this one yourself, please feel free to consider yourself tagged!

4 comments:

Wirelessbliss said...

hi there! first, thank you so much for directing me to pyzam.com! :) i found a nice pic for my background and got an idea on how i like my template to look like ;)

second, you've got a really neat list there! i might copy this in the next coming days just so i can post something too :)

again, thank you so much & enjoy your weekend! :)

Anonymous said...

It's not as easy as it looks doing that sort of meme. I did one called Four Books, which was great fun because I love books, but took ages and ages.

Strangely, the section of yours I thought I'd find the most difficult because I'm not at all musical, eight songs, I found myself agreeing with almost every one of your choices!

Dragonstar said...

WB, glad you found Pyzam - they've some good layouts. Feel free to consider yourself tagged! I found it hard, but it was great fun, too.
a., I found it hard because I kept changing my mind and editing the list. I still have things I'd like to change or insert, but I had to publish or I'd still have it waiting next month!

Siani said...

Ooh - interesting! Thanks for completing this mammoth meme - it took me about five weeks to brave it after being tagged. I was tempted to give it a miss! Like you, I prefer to shop on my own, especially grocery shopping - otherwise I get too many 'helpful' suggestions about what to buy, and find things like super-expensive bacon, at £2.99 for six rashers, lurking in the trolley. I'll spare you from the next few memes I get tagged with!