Pages

Tuesday 10 June 2008

Two Fer Tuesday

This meme was started by Jonna.

The rules are simple. I've copied them here.

Two fer Tuesday is easy. You just have to post about a pair of photos that have a theme, like Autumn, cars, a trip. The theme can be of your choosing. The theme may be direct or implied. You must explain how they are related, if implied. You must post at least 2. If you must post more than 2, they must be in pairs.

A few mornings ago I saw a strange pattern on our kitchen wall.



On examination I discovered that the bright sunlight was reflecting off the plate holding hubby's biscuits.

You may be able to see that the plate (one of the very few surviving items from a tea-set my mother had as a wedding present back in 1940) has a raised pattern in four places on the rim.

Being an interfering sort of person, I made hubby move his biscuits.

The reflected pattern changed to this.
And here's a closer view.

I couldn't decide which pattern I preferred, so I'm offering both.

14 comments:

Rosebud said...

I suppose it must be my mystical mindset or something, but that is cool. The patterns are very interesting... not that I believe it has a profound "meaning". The last photo is my favorite.

Dr.John said...

Now that is a doifferent kind of meme. I like it.

Anonymous said...

On reflection, I think that is rather good.

Kyrsti said...

That is lovely, isn't it strange the way that you can have the same routine every day and it's only occasionally that things like that happen! It's shown up beautifully in the pictures.

Unknown said...

Very cool. That would be fun to try and manipulate. Reflections are the theme this week!

Thanks for joining this week!

Jonna

Roan said...

I work in a haunted courthouse, so of course my mind went to the ghostly side. Great patterns.

Suzie Ridler said...

OMG, that is amazing! I love it! Talk about magick. Yay!

CherryPie said...

How unusual, I thought the top one looked a bit like a glass dolphin :-)

Kim said...

Wow, so interesting.

Kyanite said...

Oooh!
They are strange...
Just surfaced for Jonna's Two fer, still way behind the 8 ball for ABC Wed ... U is for !!!!

mrsnesbitt said...

LOL! Living with a blogger....arranging biscuits for a photo.....I howled out at this one....just the type of thing I would do. Often when I serve a meal hubby says...."Can I start or are you taking a photo!" LOL!

Mrs Mac said...

Oooooo this is interesting but...slightly spooky!!!!

Liz Hinds said...

I think I like the first one best. It looks like a little space person.

And wonderful photos.

Damama T said...

I love the images. I love the fact that you made Mr. A remove his food just to see what would happen. But more than all that, I love that your dishes are so clean that they reflect the light so well! I don't think mine have ever been so sparkly! LOL! xoxoxo