Pages

Friday 6 June 2008

I'm back!


I'm sorry, I've been missing for a bit. I went up to meet my new grand-daughter yesterday, and when I returned home I found we had no internet!

I am not addicted to blogging - honestly!

To digress for a moment, when we moved from our home in Wales to live in a tiny cottage on a small island off the north-west Irish coast, we got rid of a load of our books. For years after that we'd keep reaching for books we no longer had.
Yesterday, with no internet available, I kept reaching for my computer to find the answers to various questions.
Right, no internet.
OK, I don't need it, really I don't. There are so many things I can do instead. I can do some laundry, clean the floors, even do some cooking. Maybe read a book, or do some sewing, or something!
But what about the items I'm watching on e-bay? What about my e-mails? What about my bloggy friends? WHAT'S HAPPENING IN THE WORLD?

It was such a relief when the internet was returned to me.

***********************

Now I want to thank all of you, old friends and new, who commented on my various posts. I'll return your visits as soon as I can.

I also want to inform the world that I have the sweetest and prettiest little grand-daughter. I can't share any photos with you - my son is (probably with reason) a little paranoid about posting children's pictures. Also, the whole event is so profoundly personal and moving for them that he wants to keep it as private as possible. Naturally I respect his wishes.

But I am a very happy woman!

5 comments:

Jane Hards Photography said...

Congratulations on the new little one. Blogging can be addictive, but so much fun. Welcome back

Dr.John said...

Glad you have a new grand daughter. Sorry you can't share pictures.

CherryPie said...

Congratulations :-)

Carin said...

Congratulations with your new granddaughter!

Oh and like you I am not addicted to internet! :) and like you there are so many other things I could do instead!

Thanks for commenting on my blog and have a nice week!

Kate said...

Ha ha! What a funny post.. I know exactly what you mean! I can't believe how much I rely on the internet now to find answers to my questions..
Well, okay, I can believe it.

Happy you got to meet the new baby!