Pages

Sunday 29 June 2008

Camera Critters

I've mentioned Tris before.
She's our elderly cat who came to us in the autumn of 1993.
She was fully grown then but still young, which makes her over 15 years old now. When she came to us she had a badly injured hind leg and had been living rough for some time.
Eighteen months ago Tris had several small strokes, and we thought it was the beginning of the end.
Tris had other ideas!
She learned to manage with her head twisted to one side.
She even learned to walk in a straight line.
Now, it's hard to believe there's ever been anything wrong with her.
The only real problem is that Tris loves dry biscuity cat nibbles. Rinli, our younger cat (only 10 years old!) also loves them. Rinli eats them when he's hungry, then leaves them. If Tris sees them she races over to eat as many as she can. Trouble is that more than a few will make her throw up, so we keep them from her.
I know, we're cruel!

Anyway, these pictures show the lengths to which Tris will go to capture her favourite treats!

She loves them so much!

For more photos, visit Camera Critters,
hosted by Misty.
You'll be glad you did!

17 comments:

CherryPie said...

What a lovely story, it's made me smile :-)

Anonymous said...

Tris is as handy with that paw as the Famous Arthur - the Wiskas cat.

lv2scpbk said...

Looks like someone decided to share.

Come see the great catch of the day for me and someone else.

Jane Hards Photography said...

Arthuer the whikas cat I had forgptten about. It is a lovely story and so nice to lderly animals so lovingly cared for.

Suzie Ridler said...

Oh they're just the cutest, I love cats. Wish I could have them (husband is crazy allergic). I wonder what it is that draws us to things that make us sick?

Aisha said...

Your cats are amazingly cute! I want to kiss them!

Kyanite said...

A bless them both - neat tale.
Gentle strokes to them

Blue

Rayne said...

Very clever of Tris. She is definitely a kitty that knows how to get what she wants.

Daryl said...

AW ... sweet Tris .. our Rose always cleans up anything Gus doesnt finish .. he's eyes are bigger than his 15 yr old tummy!

:-Daryl

Teena in Toronto said...

What a cute kitties!

I played too :)

Gretchen said...

What a sweet old girl. At her age, she deserves to get one over on the younger generation. :)

Misty DawnS said...

Awww - this is a GREAT post! She is definitely NO dummy! She knows how to get what she wants ;-)

Sandy Kessler said...

where does the name Rinli come from ?I'm always interesrted seems the names always fit the cat!!

Barbara said...

Thats a lovely story, its amazing how animals can recover.

I hope you can track down a Trackball, let me know if you have problems, maybe I could post one to you.

Anonymous said...

Bless her - she sounds a lot like my Liberty, who is always sneaking a sly paw into Leo's food. Sorry I've not stopped by much lately - not been feeling too grand, but I'm bouncing back now. How's the baby?

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

She sounds a very determined cat and a very happy one!

Anonymous said...

How cute! Your kitties look so healthy! Nice shiney coats.. Happy cats. :)