Pages

Thursday 5 March 2009

True Colours Thursday - Yellow.



This week's colour is
YELLOW
so I thought I'd be a bit different.
I've no flowers for you today, and no colourful houses or fences, just the vivid, eye-catching yellow of warning signs.


Ramps? Behind the fence maybe?
And a bi-lingual sign warning the motorist to look out for children running across the road.


Then there's this sign warning possible malefactors that they can be seen - shame the cameras weren't fitted before the robbery at this store!


Though maybe the cameras are to keep an eye on those mad enough to want to eat icecream (at this time of year) from a bright yellow cone!

Poopsie started this fun. She's away at the moment, but you'll find many participants in the blogroll on the sidebar over at My True Colours.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

You make warning signs look good.

Daryl said...

While yellow is a lovely cheerful and warning color it does not like my skin tone ... however here on your blog it looks wonderful .. and what good examples .. especially the ice cream cone ...

Anonymous said...

One of the first things that tell use when we have crossed over the borders from England to Wales is; Araf...lol

That Ice cream cone does look tempting even though it is too cold.

Nessa said...

You know I like the ice cream cone.

CherryPie said...

It is a bit too chilly for the last one today!

Samantha ~ Holly and Zac ~ said...

LOL at the ramp sign, or rather where it is actually posted. :-))

Debbie said...

Hi Dragonstar, Please pop over to my blog there is an award there for you.

Carolina said...

There are just too many signs in the world. But this is a great idea for a yellow post.

I did not post my yellow photo yet, because of Blue being away (and hopefully having a great time). But maybe I will post it later today.

;-)

Roan said...

Great minds do think alike. I posted warning signs in one of my photos, too. I would have to turn up the heat in order to have ice cream, although it is 57 degrees right now! Of course, next week we're supposed to have snow again. I'm hoping that weatherman is wrong! I actually saw buds on one of the trees on the courthouse lawn. Woo hoo!

Jane Hards Photography said...

When I had yellow on the abc somone commented that warning signs yellow as it's the first colour our brain and syes register. Can't calim crdit for knowing this fact but it is fascinating.

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

The bilingual signs remind me of Wales.

Damama T said...

Warning signs are great. That camera sign probably wouldn't have deterred the thief. Probably would have just made the job more challenging! LOL! At least that's how it seems around here. :o/

Damama T said...

OH! I forgot to mention that my friend who owns an ice cream store says that it is amazing out much they sell on cold, rainy days. I guess people need a sweet treat more on those days to brighten their mood??

becky aka theRAV said...

I thought maybe the ice cream cone was your odd shot! LOL