Pages

Thursday 12 March 2009

True Colours Thursday - Violet.


I've had so much trouble finding violet photos for today - I mean, exactly what colour is violet?
As children we learned the seven colours of the rainbow - red, orange, green, blue, indigo, violet - but I could never see more than a vaguely purplish colour.
So that's what I eventually decided, vaguely purplish photos!


Hebe flowers are purplish, but are they violet?

Maybe this chive flower is violet.


Ah, but surely these violas are
violet!

For more violet pictures, visit the originator over at My True Colours.

12 comments:

Daryl said...

Violet is a deep purple .. with more blue than red .. and how funny you learned the colors of the rainbow .. we always called that color purple .. so..

Poopsie aka Blue said...

Lovely floral violets!

Am slowly getting my head together.
Love
Blue

Anonymous said...

Those Violas have such pretty faces....lovely Violets....what ever colour Violet is...:-/

Carolina said...

Beautiful violets! All of them ;-)

Jientje said...

I always thought violet was light purple? More pink than blue? The colour you have in your pictures right now?
Love the pictures!

Nessa said...

I like that chive flower. It is so pretty.

CherryPie said...

They are all so very pretty :-)

Roan said...

I had trouble with violet, too. I like your choices, though.

Unknown said...

Wow. What a fun photo hunt! I think you did a great job coming up with violet choices. I love them! Very pretty.

Nydia said...

I love purple, a very powerful color! The violas are lovely, just like theones mom had at home. Kisses, sweetie!

Samantha ~ Holly and Zac ~ said...

Pretty Violets!

It is a hard colour to find. I struggled a little this week. lol

magiceye said...

beautiful captures!