Pages

Wednesday 18 March 2009

ABC Wednesday, Round 4 - I.


Like Alice's White Rabbit, "I'm late! I'm late!"
Still, they say it's better late than never, so here is my post for the letter I.
I is for Island.

The above photo was taken from Burtonport, which is about 4 miles from Dungloe. The houses you can see in the distance are on Inishfree (the name means Island of heather)
Inishfree was our home for 12 years, although our house isn't visible from this angle.
The rocks in the foreground are on the mainland, but there's part of another island just visible between them and Inishfree.

Now, this photo shows Inishfree seen from an upstairs window in our home in Dungloe. I took it early this morning in beautiful spring weather. It's not too clear, as there's a haze over the sea. Our old home is barely visible near the shore to the left of the photo. The hill behind is yet another island.

And this is almost the same view taken at sunset yesterday evening.

As I'm showing the view from upstairs, I thought I'd add these two, taken to the left of the others. Two more narrow, flat islands this morning...

...and yesterday evening!

Many more I posts, inventive, intriguing and informative, can be found on the dedicated site. Why not investigate.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are all wonderful... love the way you laid it all out, very creative!

Janie said...

Beautiful photos of your islands. Incredible and intriguing.

CherryPie said...

I especially love the top and the bottom photos :-)

Tumblewords: said...

Beautiful photos! I love the rocks - they look so gentle and warm.

Sylvia K said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Thanks so much for posting these, just breathtaking! Happy ABC!

Anonymous said...

Worth waiting for.

Liz Hinds said...

What amazing colours! Inishfree must have been a wonderful place to live. (Although I'm sure it was also hard at times!)

Daryl said...

Beautiful .. I want to someday see this in person .. with my own camera in hand ...

YTSL said...

Wow... what views and photo!!! Especially the most recent one of the bunch!!!

Carol said...

You are not TOO late... I love all of your photos...several have done island this time...yours is so good with the boulders in the foreground. I am partial to sunsets and the last shot is most wonderful...I like the two sets of morning and evening, I might try that. Like your green post also. I'm wandering over to Skywatch....

Reader Wil said...

Your photos are really exellent and the last one is breathtaking! Have a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

You're lucky to live at such a tranquil-looking location. I bet you don't have hordes of students whooping it up next to you every night.

Anonymous said...

I love your beautiful photos, especially the "evening" one. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic photos .. the colors are so crisp.. and some so gentle and warm .. love it :)

Also .. Thank you for your visit maam :)

Nydia said...

What a gorgeous set of photos, Miss Dragon! One of the many reasons I love coming here is this, the always beautiful photos.

Kisses from us, the rural pagans!

PS: Don't worry about being late, relax! Everybody knows how real life gets its grip on us! :o)

Damama T said...

It is amazing to me that so many islands are all so close together. Beautiful photos, Ma'am.