Pages

Monday 19 January 2009

Odd Shots On Monday

I want to apologise to those of you who left me kind comments last week and didn't get a response. I've been lagging far behind (again!) but I should be back to normal visiting very soon. Thank you all for continuing to put up with me.

I like this photo because the reflection is actually of deep red cyclamen but it reflects brown because of the leaves in the bowl. It reminds me of a castle painted in sepia shades. It's also upside-down!


This is the original photo, cyclamen and fence reflected in the bird-bath.






Odd Shots on Monday is hosted by Katney.
She is also having Linky trouble, so entries are available through her comments.
Come and join the fun.

13 comments:

Jane Hards Photography said...

It is beautifully done. Mesmerising odd eerie image.

Anonymous said...

That's neat... I like the colors, too :-)

Debbie said...

Great Photo....

Betty said...

I love that picture, it does look liks a fairy tale castle.

Katney said...

Most excellent. I do actually like the rightsideup version better. More mysterious.

Anonymous said...

A very good reflection.
I tried some sepia shots this weekend, loved them it is the brown tint I like.

Daryl said...

What fun .. I like that a lot, I like reflections and shadows in a photo because it makes it more involving for the viewer ... for me anyway

Rune Eide said...

I hope the birds really dipped in!

Dr.John said...

It is an odd image. One isn't really sure of what one is looking at without the commentary.
I like the image of a fairy castle. One with a dragon I would imagine.I think i see his tail.

bvoylesal@aol.com said...

Very cool Odd Shot, Dragonstar! I like it. I had Odd Fellows.

Anonymous said...

This is a favourite of mine.

chrome3d said...

Such a many layers on top of each other. Brilliant stuff. Don´t worry, I have no time to comment back on your stuff either!:)

Jientje said...

I love it!! Reflections are always my favourites!