Pages

Sunday 11 January 2009

Friendship


My dear friend Barbara has passed this lovely friendship award on to me.
I've mentioned before how much I enjoy the friendships I've made through blogging, and this award celebrates those friendships.

It comes with the following instructions:

These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers. Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award.

I can certainly go along with that!
My difficulty is to restrict the recipients to eight.
It's made a little easier (in some ways) by the fact that Barbara and I share some friends, so I really need to take them out of the reckoning.

And then I discover that I've taken too long to publish my list. Another dear friend has beaten me to it and given me the award a second time. I'm truly honoured to have so many great friends.
Thank you so much for those kind words, Seev, even if you did take yourself and Kate out of the running!

I'm keeping my list to eight, just the same, and here they are:
Damama - loving, and with a heart as big as the world
Liz - amusing, thoughtful, caring, Welsh
Daryl - such a sense of humour!
Poopsie Blue - photographer and dog-lover
Dr John - fellow dragon-lover and a wonderful person
Jane - glorious wildlife photos, and a good friend
Siani - another Welshwoman, always friendly
Nydia - a love, busily starting a new life.

So that's it, folks. So many more friends on my list, and I love you all.

6 comments:

Daryl said...

Oh this is such a nice honor since I value friendship highly and am proud to call you friend!

Debbie said...

Congratulations on your Award Dragonstar, well deserved..

CherryPie said...

Congratulations :-) Well deserved.

Anonymous said...

Oh, wow! Congratulations on your award, and many thanks for passing it on to me. It's an honour to receive such a lovely gesture.

Anonymous said...

Thank you Dragonstar! That's really sweet. It's so brilliant having a "blogging buddy". We've never met and yet I feel like we are old friends... Jane x

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Dargonstar, it's very well deserved! I like the wording of it.