Pages

Saturday 26 April 2008

Saturday PhotoHunt - Uniqe/Funny Signs.

First I must send my best wishes to TNChick, who hosts this meme.
She isn't able to participate this week, as her beloved dog has gone missing.
We all hope you find her soon, TNChick.

Today's theme - Unique/Funny Signs - is a hard one for me.
I had the occasional idea, but no chance to go looking.

So I'm offering two shots from my files.

This first is of the sign above my favourite butchers' shop here in town.
Nothing strange about that, you might think, but look at the way the young tree covers part of the B of Bros, making it look as if it says Eros.
Funny name for a butchers' shop!

This second shot is of when youngest son first went out on his very new scooter.
The sign he's passing is a road-sign in Irish warning against passing or overtaking.
If you look at it quickly, without taking notice of the spelling, and possibly if you screw up your eyes ...
Anyway, I think it looks a bit as if it's saying "No Scooter".

OK, I know I'm really stretching things here, but I didn't want to miss a week unless it was absolutely necessary.
So there it is.

In spite of TNChick's inability to participate this week, the Hunt is still hosted at her site. Go there to see how other participants have fared.

Happy Hunting.

31 comments:

Pretty Life Online said...

great one for the theme, mine's up too hope you can drop by. Happy week end!

mrsnesbitt said...

I found an absolute screamer!

Happy Saturday
Dxx

Hootin Anni said...

This is good.

Mine's posted...stop by and see if you can figure it all out!!

MaR said...

Great choices for the theme!! Love the Eros one , lol!

Anonymous said...

LOL! I really thought it was Eros until I read your post. :D

LibertyBelle said...

That is too funny!!! LOL - A butcher's shop called Eros would truly be a "meat shop" of love! Great photos!
Drop by - my photo is a gas! :)
Happy weekend
L

Colin Campbell said...

I remember well the days with those L plates. Funny. Eat meat find love?

Harajuku PearL said...

Great pictures!!!

Pearl - happy hunting

Anonymous said...

Nice catch!

CRIZ LAI said...

Haha..it looked as if you are in for the ABC trend after the ABC Wednesday post. Well, it's cool to see something so creative.

I did a badge for Jamie aka tnchick's lost Zoey. Feel free to use the badge to help her pull through her devastation.

Katney said...

I really like your take on the theme. My hubby is notorious for quick sight reading of things--signs especially. Once a gentleman had a sign in his yard which hubby read it as "Red Hot Puppies For Sale". The man was selling peppers from his garden.

-tnchick- said...

Thank you so much for helping to spread the word about my missing beagle. I pray Zoey is safe and hope that someone from Franklin, KY where she's missing will log on to the internet and see a post about me seeking her!!

dixymiss said...

These are great entries! I thought it read "Eros" too...

imac said...

Nice signs here, lol.


come see my sign hehe

Carver said...

I like your take on the sign theme.

Anonymous said...

great effort i "love" the meat shop! :lol:

Flo said...

I love the butcher shop!!! That is too funny and a great take on this week's theme.


Mines up over at Flo's Place

 gmirage said...

Lol. Maybe thy forgot to put'and' between the sign and the 'no scooter.'

Happy PH!

Damama T said...

How fun. And whoever said the pictures had to be taken this week? I bet your archives are a treasure chest of interesting images.

Barb said...

Yeah, but it's a cute stretch!

Anna said...

This is perfect for this theme this week. Great shot, thanks for sharing.
Mine is up
Every Beat Of My Heart
A Little Bit Of Everything

Anonymous said...

Hi, good take on the PhotoHunt theme, hope you are having a good weekend. :)

Anonymous said...

Hahaha, the butcher shot was really good. Great shots for the theme.

Anonymous said...

A "No Scooter" sign? Blasphemy! I drove Lambrettas for a number of yeaqrs :)

sammawow said...

Great take on today's theme with your sign! I can see how it looks like scooter but am wondering what the word really is in English, since I don't know how to translate it.

Hope that you have a terrific weekend!

Anonymous said...

laughed out loud at butcher's sign. Thanks for stopping by this week.

Anonymous said...

Eros... hehe!

I've been waiting impatiently for months to post my funny signs photo... come check it out! :-)

Barbara said...

Good take on the theme!

Liz Hinds said...

I read it as Eros. And scooter. Clever.

I do hope Zoey gets back home soon.

Heart of Rachel said...

I think you found good signs. I initially thought it was Eros.

jams o donnell said...

Nice ones. I wonder what is the best cut on an Eros? I'm looking forward to my first sight of Gaelic signs in some years. Taking my parents over on holiday in July