Pages

Thursday 26 February 2009

True Colours Thursday - Brown.

Before I start this post, I want to apologise for not managing to visit many ABC Wednesday participants yesterday. My internet connection became painfully slow, and commenting proved very difficult. Things seem better today, so I should be able to get around everyone - at least, I hope so!

Right. Time to get on with today.


This week's colour is
BROWN
I have so many pictures of brown items in varying shades that I found it hard to choose. You'll just have to put up with a collection.

First, some tumble-polished Tigereye.

Second, the brown wood of my dresser, where many favourites live.

Third, what many of you have been waiting for, a brown wooden dragon sitting on a brown surface.

And lastly the golden brown of the carved wooden Welsh Dragon that hangs on the wall.

Those are my offerings this week.
For more brown pictures, please visit Poopsie-Blue who started this fun idea.

19 comments:

Debbie said...

Love both of the wooden Dragons..

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful collection of Brown.
I like the Brown Welsh Dragon
very much....:-)

Roan said...

All are very impressive. I'm especially fond of the Tiger Eye stones. I have a pendant and earrings, which have always been my favorite.

Samantha ~ Holly and Zac ~ said...

I love the dragons. :-)

Daryl said...

love those dragons!

MaR said...

Wonderful choices for brown!! love the tiger eye stones and your dragons are beautiful!

Anonymous said...

You made finding brown look easy and appealing! Very well done!

Anonymous said...

A superlative selection.

The Weaver of Grass said...

Love those dragons. When I think of brown i think of carnelian stones - and my dog! Maybe my best image of brown is of hot buttered toast.

Nessa said...

Brown is not usually one of my favorite colors but you made it pretty.

Jientje said...

I love your collection of browns, it's so YOU!

EG CameraGirl said...

Tiger eyes and dragons. What interesting collections you have!

Poopsie aka Blue said...

Tigers eyes was a clever choice for brown and love the Dragons, especailly the first one.

Blue
x

Miss_Yves said...

Beautiful collection!
I have got some jewels adorned with tiger eye!

CherryPie said...

Of course I love the dragon, but I especially love the way you have captured the light on those stones in the first photograph :-)

Unknown said...

I like the first image of the Tigereye. Lovely lighting and makes them 3-D. But what is Tigereye?

Nydia said...

My mom loved your dresser, Meri! And so did I! It's needless to say how I love all your dragons...

Kisses!

Pat - Arkansas said...

Love your dragons! Brown is my favorite color, actually, and I've enjoyed perusing the "Brown" posts. I have a bright red (ceramic) Welsh Dragon which I cherish.

Damama T said...

Did ya happen to notice the dragon's strong resemblance to Dail Hydref?? Uncanny!!