Pages

Thursday 23 October 2008

The Pay it Forward Plan.

Honeysuckle photographed last weekend.

The delightful Damama is participating in a pay it forward plan. I signed up and now I am paying it forward. Let the fun begin!

HERE ARE THE RULES: The exchange focuses on doing an act of kindness without expecting anything in return other than that the recipient will, in their turn, pass the kindness along and pay it forward in their own way.This is how it works... I am going to agree to send something fun, inspiring or uplifting to the first 3 blog owners who post a comment on this entry (please leave your e-mail address if I don't all ready have it.) In turn,those three will post this information and pick 3 people they want to send something to and so on.

If you are interested in participating, be one of the first 3 blog owners to leave a comment!The little something you send can be something you made, bought, were given or found. No biggie, just a gift that will make the person smile. Maybe something unique from where you live?

There are no cost restraints, but don't go crazy!If you'd like to join in, be one of the first 3 people to leave me a comment. You have to promise that you will then post about this on your blog, link to me, and then send something to the first three people who sign up to play along through your blog .

In return I ask that you Pay It Forward to 3 other people in some way. It doesn't have to involve money; there are untold ways to help others every single day, everywhere you go; just look around.

14 comments:

Nydia said...

Oohh... This is also irresistible, Miss Dragon! I'll join the fun! It's been a time I plan to send my closer bloggy friends something to express my affection, maybe this is a good start.

Kisses from Nydia.

KrisMrsBBradley said...

I signed up with Nydia... can I play here, too? I promise I will send off to 6 people ;O)

James Higham said...

Top idea - there should be more of it.

Barbara said...

Hi Dragonstar,

What a lovely,lovely idea :)
Let's see what waves of kindness this will create.

CherryPie said...

What a wonderful idea :-)

I always did love the film of the same name!

Dr.John said...

Well , as usual, I'm too late to play. I have to start visiting blogs in the morning. It does seem like a good idea.

Jientje said...

This is indeed a great idea!

Anonymous said...

Interesting notion! I hope it takes off!

Daryl said...

Wonderful idea .. I believe that Flea (http://thegoodflea.com/) also participated in this .. in fact I am waiting for her play forward to get to me so I can then play it forward before every blogger in the Blog Universe has played.

:-Daryl

Poopsie aka Blue said...

I've played via Nydia!

James Higham said...

2nd look at this:

What worries me here is the word "Pay". At what point does money come into it? Why pay?

The second thing is the obligation to pass something along but what? Acts of kindness are done face to face, aren't they?

It worries me when some third party utilizes a concept like this.

Jan said...

I think this is a great idea. I joined one recently where the "giver" has 365 days to pay it forward, but the stipulation is it has to be home made. Waiting 12 months is frustrating, because I want to pay it forward, now.

Damama T said...

I'm so glad you decided to play! Sorry I still don't have your surprise in the mail. Been too weak to drive since last week. Should be back up and around in a few days, though.

Hugz!

Flea said...

I'm worried about your friend James and his worrying. That's how ulcers happen. This has been a fun game to play so far, and having random gifts show up at one's house is great! As is personalizing the gift giving experience for others. :)