Pages

Friday 14 December 2007

Saturday PhotoHunt - Small



Since I posted a LONG ship last week, I thought I'd start with a SMALL one. This little craft is 14 cm high and 15 cm from bowsprit to stern. It has a metal frame with a blue glass hull and white glass sails - and I love it!



Then there's this garland of artificial holly. You can see it wound round the banisters, and it's very small.



Finally, this small model of Mont Saint Michel in Brittany was brought home to me by Clever Son and his partner after a holiday there last year. This model (unfortunately missing the crowning spire) is 4.5 cm high and 5.5 cm across. Considering the size of the original, I think that's small!


I'm sure someone will come up with a much better idea or six, but there you have it folks - those are mine.

16 comments:

Sara said...

The small boat is just lovely. I also like holly decorations.
Sara from farmingfriends

Natalie said...

Those are great choices! :)

My Photo Hunt is up too! :)

Liz said...

Great shots for the small theme. Loved the first one. I used to make miniature models of ships and galleons. Happy hunting.

**"Liza"** said...

very nice entry you have a lot of very cute collection here. have a great weekend! ;) mine is up too

Siani said...

I love that little boat. It's just as well it's in your care and not mine - I'm notorious for breaking delicate ornaments. And if I don't break them, the cats do. Have a great weekend!

My pics are up at Siani's Pot-Pourri.

Tom said...

Nice entries. I like the small boat.

Ladytink_534 said...

Those were cute!

Napaboaniya.Elaine Ling said...

Nice ornaments you've got there :)

kljs said...

Lovely small boat!

http://kennyljs.com/

Anonymous said...

Lovely entries you have there, and in fact, if you ever tire of your small boat, I could find a good home for it. It's beautiful. :)

jams o donnell said...

You have a nice selection for this week's theme. I love the boat. A belated happy weekend wish

jmb said...

Hi Dragonstar,
A very nice collection of small things. I loved the Mont St Michel since it brought back memories of a trip there many years ago. A very special place.
Have a very Happy Christmas with your family
jmb

Tokenhippygirl said...

I really like the small boat. Though they were great picks all. I'm a bit late with mine, but it's finally posted as well.

imac said...

Small is good.

Gary said...

I love small things because they don't take up much room.

Siani said...

Stop by Pot-Pourri and pick up your latest award!