Pages

Thursday 23 April 2009

True Colours Thursday - Rust.


This week's colour is RUST.
I have a load of photos of rust in different shapes and sizes, but I wanted to show the colour not the actual effect.
So here's a single photo of my antique pie-funnel. Pie-funnels were used to help hold up the crust of a deep pie, and to let out the steam of cooking.
This funnel is lustre-glazed, and in the shape of a dragon - well, of course! It's about 4 inches high, and has a daft expression on its face.

Many more rust colours can be found through My True Colours. It's great fun seeing what people find.

8 comments:

Nessa said...

I love that piece and such a lovely color.

Anonymous said...

Very nice choice, a very nice unique find as well.

Roan said...

Thank you for the explaination. I wouldn't have known what this fine specimen of dragon was used for. Daft expression? Yes, I see that, but it is a real beauty.

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

That's lovely.

CherryPie said...

That is a very unusual dragon and a very good idea for the theme :-)

Aileni said...

Mother's was never that exotic.

Liz Hinds said...

Wise Woman of the West, please pop over to my blog and see if you can identify little pink things hanging onto a winkle's shell!

Nydia said...

So unusual, I would never know what it was for! Rust is a lovely color!
So good to hear from you again, thanks for your sweet words, Miss Dragon! :o)

Kisses from us.