Pages

Wednesday 1 April 2009

ABC Wednesday, Round 4 - K.


ABC Wednesday has reached the letter K for the fourth time - although it's only my third.

I thought I'd have a lot of trouble with this letter, since it's not used in the Irish language and therefore not very common in the Anglicised names.

I knew I was OK with this first photo though. This building is just around the corner from my house. It's currently in use as an after-school play centre, but it was previously a furniture shop as can be seen from the name on the roof!

Then in Main Street I found this sign, advertising Key-cutting, as well as shoe repair, fishing tackle, and Kayaks. It's a shame that orange craft isn't a Kayak - that would have made an interesting addition to this post.

Lastly, there's this red-painted shop, which seems to want to give things away. It's a pity there's always a catch with these offers!

More K offerings can be found through the ABC Wednesday page.

13 comments:

Betty said...

Kool "K's" You did a good job in finding K's considering that letter is not in your language.
I didn't know that. I guess you do learn somthing new every day I know I do.

Nessa said...

You found lots of kays. Good job.

Rabbit, rabbit.

Rune Eide said...

You seem to have found plenty of "K"s, and I wouldn't have thought of one of them, except something with Keys.

Jane Hards Photography said...

I didn't know that about the letter K not being used. That has made me re think the Mnx alphabet and words.Why is it I never think of thinks like keys I always use and kayaks which I pass daily.

Katney said...

No K in Irish? I thought you couldn't be right. There's over in Kilarney--but then that was the only one I could come up with.

Tura lura lura!!!

pictureeachday said...

Is it really not a kayak? It looks like a little one-person sit-on-top kayak to me. I LOVE the red on the communications shop - you captured the color really beautifully :)

Anonymous said...

I don't suppose free calls go with the offer.

TYRA Hallsénius Lindhe said...

It is so great to look around att all the brilliant K posts. You certainly found some great ones.

Tyra

THE GREENHOUSE IN TYRA'S GARDEN

magiceye said...

that sure is plenty of k's! and good ones too!

Mara said...

Like Katney I thought there would be plenty of K's in the Irish language and then remembered all the Irish names start with a (hard) C and only the English sounding name starts with a K.
Good K's though!

Miss_Yves said...

Clever choices when you were walking in the streets !

Karyn said...

Interesting look at the streets in your town.....good job!

Thanks for stopping by my "K"

Granny Smith said...

Nice set of "K"s. That final picture could have been taken in my town where so many "free" things are offered that are not really free.