Pages

Monday 18 August 2008

Odd Shots On Monday, & Reflect This - Day Two


This is economy morning. One photograph for two memes.

There I was, running around looking for reflections to keep Quilly happy.
When I saw this one I realised it's a good Odd Shot for Katney, too.
Sort of two birds with one stone!


A word of explanation may be in order. The door you see in the distance is our front door. I'm standing by our kitchen table. Between the kitchen and the hallway is a window, which is great for bringing extra light into the hall, and for snooping on whoever comes in!
Behind me is a window onto the back garden. The reflection shows the small shed where our dog sleeps, and the houses backing onto us.
You may also be able to see a mirror on the right-hand wall. It has an octagonal wooden frame. It is reflecting my son's hi-viz waistcoat which hangs inside the front door.
Oh yes, you can also see a reflection of part of my "rounded" waistline!

Have I found enough reflections, Quilly?

Odd Shots is hosted by Katney. You'll find a load of oddities if you visit her.


19 comments:

Anonymous said...

The all-purpose post - certainly fills the bill.

CherryPie said...

That is quite a fascinating photograph :-)

judi/Gmj said...

Wow! You did... well, more than double duty. :)

Jane Hards Photography said...

That's really spooky. I am suitably creeped out at this odd shot.

EG CameraGirl said...

Very interesting shot...and odd too. But you made me look all around it to see everything you mentioned! ;-)

Anonymous said...

that is a fairly good odd shot and it is very beautiful

Roan said...

Nice Odd Shot and reflection. Good job on both!

Daryl said...

Clever ... and it certainly works ...


:-Daryl

magiceye said...

good one!

Do click here to visit my Odd Shot for the week.

dot said...

Interesting photo!
Mine is HERE

Paulie said...

You done good! AND killed two birds with one stone! Come and see mine.

Anonymous said...

That's a great reflection shot. So much in one reflection.

Unknown said...

Nice Shot and reflection. Odd indeed.

Dr.John said...

That is one different picture. It is almost ghostly. A great reflection picture.

becky aka theRAV said...

This was neat, Dragonstar. I love it when things like this happen.

CalumCarr said...

Great photo.

Do you have a camera welded to you ?:-)

Dragonstar said...

Thank you all.

Calum, of course the camera isn't welded to me - it would never survive the shower! But it does sit in the kitchen when I cook ...

Anonymous said...

Very unique photo and perfect for Odd Shots. I like all of the reflections!

Liz Hinds said...

I wouldn't have noticed your 'rounded' waistline if you hadn't mentioned it!