Pages

Wednesday 16 December 2009

ABC Wednesday - V.


This fun weekly idea came from Denise.

And this week we've reached the letter V.

I'm still posting about parts of the collections in this house, and I've found V in the camera collection.

V
is for
VOIGTLANDER
.


Two Voigtlanders, to be precise.
The one on the left, a Voigtlander Vito II A, was probably made in about 1955. I bought it second-hand in (I think) 1968, when I received back-pay after qualifying as a nurse.
The one on the right, a Voigtlander Brilliant, was given to my husband by my favourite-ever aunt, who was also my Godmother. It was made in about 1935, and belonged to her elder brother before he was killed in a motorcycle accident.
Both these cameras still work, but film for the Brilliant is hard to find and harder to process.

Here's the Vito open.

And the Brilliant with it's viewfinder open.

And this is a photo of the Vito seen through the viewfinder of the Brilliant.

More and varied takes on the letter can be found through the ABC page. It's worth a visit.

6 comments:

Betty said...

Great cameras.I think we had the one with the view finder on top.
I think is was a kodak brand.
~~Hugs~~

Sylvia K said...

Look like great cameras, amazing how technology has changed! Up until I started blogging I had never used anything but a cheap, disposable camera. My how things have changed!

Great post for the V day!

Enjoy your day -- or what's left of it!

Sylvia

Tumblewords: said...

Excellent V. I love the look of the old cameras. When I think about where I came into the snapshot arena, the Brownie box was about as upscale as I knew. Thanks for the view!

Roger Owen Green said...

Love those old cameras.

Rinkly Rimes said...

The final photo is particularly quirky and interesting.

Nydia said...

My brother Evaldo would love to see these! Alas, he just left minutes before I opened your blog!
I ended up no keeping my ABC and monochrome posts, sigh... I'll try to join them next year all year long!

Thnk for always being there, Miss Dragon with our sweet words.
And your parcel is not here yet, but I'm sure it will be pretty soon. This time of the year is terrible for the Post Office, too much traffic! :o)

Kisses from us.