Pages

Wednesday 2 December 2009

ABC Wednesday - T.


I had a hard time finding something in my collections for the letter T.
Then I thought of this jug from the old Llanelly Pottery. It dates from the second half of the 19th century.
Why post this for T?
The rich brown glaze is sometimes called a TREACLE glaze!

I love the colour, and I particularly love the handle of the jug. That dog seems sure there's something interesting in the jug!

More T posts can be found through the ABC Wednesday page. Why not see if something there tickles your fancy?

12 comments:

Katney said...

Of course, you have a T. You have a treasure here. Love the doggy handle, too.

Daryl said...

Oh this is just a wonderful Treasure, I have a little pitcher that has the same glaze now I know what its called! Terrific!

Nydia said...

That's just terrific!:o) Loved the dog!
Kisses from us.

Megan, Life Revamped said...

beautiful handle!

Have a great day!
Come visit my Wednesday if you have the time!
Life is beautiful!
Xoxo
fickle

Rose said...

I noticed the handle right away--what an interesting and unusual piece!

Tumblewords: said...

Oh, my - you do have the most terrific treasures!

MaR said...

I have seen the brown glaze but didn't know it had a special name! with a T!!
Lovely jug.

T is for Tram...and TP!

Kim, USA said...

Oh yes, me too I was wondering where is the T but geez you have a great post. Definitely the dog handle is amazing too.



My ABC is here

Roger Owen Green said...

treacle has such a negative connotation for a lovely treasure

Jay said...

I LOVE jugs!! I collect pressed glass jugs but that treacle-glazed beauty would be welcome among them. Looks almost edible, doesn't it!

Anonymous said...

I like Treacle - and the home-brewed jug.

mrsnesbitt said...

My nana had a jug the same as this!