Pages

Wednesday 8 July 2009

ABC Wednesday - Y.


We're very nearly at the end of the alphabet again. Just one more week to go, and Denise has asked if we want to carry on. My answer is a huge
YES!
This week the letter is
Y.

This is my son on his motorbike, wearing a high-visibility YELLOW waistcoat/vest. He's waiting at the end of our road, at the sign that once - before part of the Y fell off - said YIELD.

Here he has parked so that he can take photos.
YES,
the motorbike is a
YAMAHA.

This is part of the graveyard wall beside the Old Chapel. The trees are Irish YEW (Taxus baccata 'Fastigiata'). I've been told that, in this case, the yellow tree is male and the dark green is female.
More Y posts can be found through the ABC Wednesday page.
Maybe you'll feel like joining in with Round 5.

14 comments:

Daryl said...

Yowza .. You have found some great examples of Y ...

Mrs Mac said...

Looks like the yews are snuggling :)

Q said...

Very nice Y's!
The male and female yews are new to me.
Always learning on ABC Wednesday.
Sherry

Carol said...

Yellow, a good choice for Y...there is a lot of yellow today, including me...I like the yellow yew.

Vicki ~ FL said...

Great "Y" shots.........YES please keep ABC Wednesday going and start all over again.

Tash said...

Nice collection of Y's. It is nice that your son is mature enough to wear the visible/eyecatching yellow vest.

Rune Eide said...

That Yamaha post will be popular with Denise!! :-)

PS Thank you for the comment - I may most others from the same event later on.

James Higham said...

Do you bike yourself, DD?

Jane Hards Photography said...

I had never heard of an Irish yew and the mae female split in colour is fascinating. Yamahas for me of course a big yes.

Anonymous said...

Yes - good coverage.

Roger Owen Green said...

I think "yew" did a good job!

jay said...

Oooh, great 'Y's!

We had a Yamaha once! If I hadn't been doing things from my house and garden, I suppose I could have used an old picture of that! LOL! But I doubt I'd have beaten three 'Y's in that one picture!

spacedlaw said...

I love yellow!

Sistertex said...

Yikes....those are large Yews I don't think I've seen them in tree form before! Great job...Yippee! :)

http://spacialpeepol.blogspot.com/