Pages

Saturday 18 December 2010

Snowy Sunrise

The front of our house faces roughly west.
I was looking out of the window about 9 o'clock this morning just as the sun was rising behind the house.
This is what I saw.


This was the view slightly to my right.

This was a short time later, taken between the two buildings on the far right of the previous photo. The hill is the island of Arranmore, and the houses are catching the glow of the newly risen sun.

I wouldn't mind if we had no more snow this winter, but it can certainly make things look very beautiful.

7 comments:

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Fabulous photos! Merry Xmas to you.

mrsnesbitt said...

Yes - I too have had enough of the snow now!

YTSL said...

Beautiful pics indeed! They *almost* make me miss snow... ;b

Anonymous said...

It looks so lovely, the light and the warm colour. I would love to visit this place in the summer, Northwest of Ireland and then just the ocean.

Serline said...

Brrrr... here's wishing you a white but not slushy Christmas ;-P

Johnny Nutcase said...

that sky and the color is really cool!

Lumen said...

Gorgeous light here