Pages

Monday 26 July 2010

Gardens Need Weeds

And this is the reason why.




I saw two young bluetits in the garden, eating seeds from the tall weeds that I meant to clear weeks ago. Now I know why I never got around to it.
The babies moved so quickly that I just couldn't manage to catch them together, but I did get these three photos through the kitchen window. Don't ask me which of the two birds is in each photo! I'm sure they come from the brood hatched in our nest box.

Note to self - get that window cleaned before trying again!

6 comments:

mrsnesbitt said...

Wonderful! Yes our little friends are so resourceful.

Boom Nisanart said...

I love the first shot ! make me smile widely : )

Everyday Cat Visitor
Everyday Melbourne
Everyday Shot

Serline said...

Guess it proves the point that He created all things and creatures for a purpose...

Anonymous said...

You did very well to capture them, they just fly away at any movement here as well.
My garden gets Great Tits, every spring they nest in a box at the bottom of the garden. So lovely to watch. ;)

becky aka theRAV said...

You were lucky to capture these birds. I wrote a poem about dragonflies a few posts back. Thought you might like to read it.

Nydia said...

Look at those lovely creatures, so sweet, Meri!

Loved this.

Kisses and all our love to you both.