Pages

Wednesday 21 April 2010

Busy Birds

The Blue Tits are busy!
About a week ago I saw one investigating the nest box that's been on the side of our shed for about a year.
Today, as we were in the kitchen, one of the birds flew inside the box with some grass in its beak.
This happened again and again (interspersed with aggressive behaviour towards a visiting Chaffinch)
I was lucky enough to grab these three shots.

Just look at that beak-full of moss!

And here's some dry grass.

Is anyone out there?

These aren't the best bird photos ever posted on a blog, but I'm so thrilled to have caught them. Believe me, I'll be watching events very carefully!

6 comments:

jams o donnell said...

Ah that is a delightful sight. I hope you get more photos of them

Dragonstar said...

Yes jams, so do I!

Debbie said...

Great pictures. The Swallows have started to arrive at our place and have started building their nests under the eaves again.

MaR said...

Beautiful shots, birds are difficult to photograph!!

Serline said...

Sometimes it is simply a recording of life in its full vibrancy...

Johnny Nutcase said...

aw, so cute! I love watching birds build nests!