Pages

Wednesday 4 November 2009

ABC Wednesday - P.




P
is for
PHOENIX

You all know about my dragons, and last week I told you about my husband's owls.
This weekI want to show you a small collection belonging to my youngest son, who feels a particular affinity with the legendary phoenix.

Above is part of his collection - horse brasses, a fridge magnet, and a small plaque.

Here's a deep blue china thimble with a gold phoenix.


These are two old Chinese snuff bottles, both decorated with the Fenghuang (the Chinese form of the phoenix.)

Finally there are two pewter pendants. The one on the right shows the Egyptian phoenix.

You'll find many more P posts through the ABC Wednesday page.

14 comments:

Sylvia K said...

Marvelous collection for the "P" Day! Terrific photos!

Enjoy your day!

Sylvia

dianasfaria.com said...

interesting collections, perfect for today's P post!

CherryPie said...

What a lovely collection it is too :-)

Jay said...

Wow, so you all have your own symbols - things that you feel drawn to! That's rather nice. :)

I love the little Phoenix plaque - very colourful and beautiful. I thought it might be a coaster at first.

Anonymous said...

The sublime Phoenix - what more can be said.

Bradley Hsi said...

He has a very nice collection, nice of him to share with us.

Tumblewords: said...

Super that you all have such interesting collections! Dragons, owls and phoenixes - doesn't get much better than that, I think!

chrome3d said...

Excellent details in this collection. I had never heard of a snuff bottle before but now I know what it is. Thanks!

James Higham said...

A revered illuminati symbol. :)

Daryl said...

Perfect Ps! and a really nice/interesting collection

Roger Owen Green said...

always loved the idea of the phoenix rising from the ashes; somehow hopeful.

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

A nice collection. I like the thimble best.

Nydia said...

Seems like each of your family has a familiar! :o)

It's a beautiful collection.

Kisses!

Damama T said...

He has some nice pieces. Please tell him for me that I miss seeing his posts. I also can't find him on FB and he's changed his email address again so please say HI!!! for me. xoxo