Pages

Wednesday 16 September 2009

ABC Wednesday - I.


Late again, but at least I'm here now!

This week the letter is I.

I
is for
INCENSE.

I'm very fond of incense, which comes in several forms.

There's loose incense made of powders, herbs, and gums or resins. This kind of incense is usually smouldered on glowing charcoal, producing plenty of smoke.

Then there are the more usual sticks, which again come in a seemingly endless variety of scents and sizes.

These small sticks are presented in a neat gift collection.

Now, I know you'd be disappointed if I didn't show you a dragon. I've considered naming this one Ignius! He holds a cone of incense in his front paws.

He also holds a burning cone inside himself, and the smoke pours out through his open jaws.
I think he looks a bit young to smoke!

There will be many more interesting and inventive "I" words to be found through the ABC Wednesday page. Why not investigate?

11 comments:

Betty said...

I too like incense,but i bet it is much more fragrant when it is held by a lovely dragon.

Tumblewords: said...

I was so afraid you wouldn't have a dragon incense burner. Woohoo! He's great!

Trisha said...

Incense isn't my thing but I think the smoking dragon is cool!

Jay said...

I used to like incense, but I've really gone off strong, lingering perfumes. I do love your smokin' dragon burner though! That's really cool!

James Higham said...

Are you sure that's all incencse, DD?

Daryl said...

Excellent I's and I am loving the incense puffing dragon .. Puff would work too as a name tho it doesnt begin with an I ...

Anonymous said...

In this case Ignius is a better name than Idwal. Love the post.

Roger Owen Green said...

Cool dragon. Got Strawberry Alarm Clock, "Incense and Peppermints", stuck in my head.

Jama said...

Some of the incense do gave me headache, so I try to stay away from most of them...

Nydia said...

I love incense too, just can't stand the very sweet ones, they get me nuseated. You have a beautiful collection there! :o) Oh, that dragon is too cute!!! I rejoined the ABC this week, and I'l do the same for the Monochrome .

Kisses with love from us.

PS: It's been a time that I want to email you & Aileni, I'll try this week!

sally in norfolk said...

I used to love incense but since getting migraines i cannot burn it as it gives me headaches :-)