Pages

Saturday 27 June 2009

Saturday PhotoHunt - Flags.


I've had such a busy time! Yesterday evening, and all day today so far, I've been transferring files from my old computer to a new one. It's been a traumatic experience, and it's not quite over yet. There's not very much left though - just my bookmarks to move over and then it will all be done. I know it's all worth while, and this new computer will have so much more speed and capacity, but I do so hate change!

Anyway, here at last is my PhotoHunt entry for the week.
The subject is FLAGS.
This photo is of the wild iris, or yellow FLAG, which grows in damp places. It's a bit past its best now, but still bright and sunny.

For more flags, visit our hostess TNChick.

Happy Hunting!

16 comments:

Mai said...

Cool take for this week's theme. Very unique. I love yellow flowers!

Katney said...

I thought of these kinds of flags, but I only have the bearded iris and they are long gone to a hot day.

Tara R. said...

This is the second 'flag' post with irises I've seen. Beautiful shot.

srp said...

I had never heard of the iris referred to by that name before... you learn something new every day! My flags are here.

Brita said...

Wonderful choice for the theme and I also learned something new, didn't know the yellow Iris to be called that.

Rebecca Mecomber said...

I didn't know about the Iris' other name! Great post!!
I also did Photo Hunters (finally). I hope you can visit.

Have a happy weekend!
Mrs. Mecomber
http://newyorktraveler.net

jams o donnell said...

They are such beautiful irises. Happy weekend Dragonstar!

Barbara said...

I have always found changing computers is always stressful. I like your choice for flag - great colour.

JC said...

Great shot, even if wilted a bit! Getting the new pc settled sure does take it's toll. You can pull that old hard drive and use it for a back-up... just get an enclosure and format it.

YTSL said...

Hi Dragon Days --

You're not alone in hating change -- and especially that involving changing computers. I've had computers since 1990-1991 but am "only" on my fifth computer ever. Hate, hate having to change them and only do so when I feel that one is dying... :S

Poopsie aka Blue said...

Great minds obviously think alike, as I too did Flag Isis!

I dread the day I have to change laptops, so well done for nearly completing your tranfer...

Hope you are enjoying the Summer.
Love
Blue

CherryPie said...

Nice a really unique one for the theme :-)

Roan said...

I had no idea there was such a thing as a flag iris. They are very pretty, though.

Liz Hinds said...

Those are on the edge of the tip and I love to see them. So beautiful and so un-wild!

Anonymous said...

It was worth stopping to get the shot.

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

That's clever - and beautiful.