Pages

Wednesday 28 October 2009

ABC Wednesday - O.


Denise is the originator of this theme.
She is very unhappy at the moment, having suffered the sudden loss of her dog.
You are in all our hearts, Denise.

This week we have reached the letter O.
In this house, O can only be for OWLS.

Yes, I know I am a dragon addict, but my husband is an owl person. His earliest memory is of an owl hooting, and he has always loved them.
This is the first owl in his collection. It came from an old hotel in Swansea, very many years ago, and has stayed with him since. It normally lives in a glass dome, but my camera refused to focus properly because of the reflections. So here is Spook, exposed to the world.
All the family looks out for more owls for his collection.
Small...
...and large.
Sometimes I wonder how we find room for ourselves, with all the collections in the house!
Please see the ABC page for this week's participants. MckLinky misbehaved earlier, so you may need to check the comments to find everyone.

20 comments:

photowannabe said...

Yep, Mr. Linky was naughty this time. I was # 5 and then things went bonkers. Now I had to add my link again and I am #50. Go figure.
Love the owls and sometimes the collections do almost push us and take over.

Q said...

These owls are wonderful.
I have a small collection of owls I set out in October.
Sherry

becky aka theRAV said...

I love his owl collection! Great choice!

Carol said...

I just love all these owls...spook is beautiful...what a great O...I have an owl too...

Mrs Mac said...

OOoo I love your wol collection!

Granny Smith said...

I posted my O on my blog early Tuesday morning, but mackLinky kept me from it all day yesterday, and today I was away from my computer until a few minutes ago. I enjoyed your husband's owls. I have a minor owl collection at our summer cabin, but my heart, of course, belongs to my dragons.

Tumblewords: said...

Terrific owls! What fun it must be to have two charming and wildly different collections!

Judi said...

Wow. Nice collection!

Anonymous said...

They are incredibly well behaved.

Roger Owen Green said...

No one else said it, so I must: your post is a hOOt!

CherryPie said...

I have a large collection of owls too. That top one really is fine :-)

James Higham said...

Ah, you love owls as well as dragons? Fine creatures.

Jay said...

It's odd how owls are so beloved by so many people! I have a friend who's into owls too - and they are fascinating! I love to hear them.

That's a great collection your husband has there!

jams o donnell said...

What a delightful collection. I love owls too!

Nydia said...

Oh, I didn't know about Denise's!! I've been so away from my blogger friends with all this Halloween giveaways I joined (not only mrs. B.'s, but others, greedy!). I'll go to her page for a hug.


Aileni's owls are breath-taking! I love owls (oh yes, I love most things!) !

Wish you and Aileni a blessed Smahain!

Kisses with love from us.

Damama T said...

Awww! My mother was an owl lover. She had all sorts of owls, too. After her death I let family members pick the ones they wanted to keep to remember her by. Thanks for jogging the memory and the smile it brings.

Mrs Mac said...

I collect foxes :) didn't mean to, just realised one day that I had 4, so I kept an eye out for more.

Love your wols.

I see you have Wycliffe on your shelf too! Wonderful stuff!!

Liz Hinds said...

THe last one looks like the owl in Bagpuss!

Kate said...

I love love the owl collection! Jeez, I miss you and Alieni! I haven't been around blog land too much lately. Hope all is well with you and your lovely family. xo

Damama T said...

Had to pop in and tell you that I had the honor of petting a young barn owl at a wildlife rehab last week. I was dropping off an injured pigeon. When I showed so much interest in all the birds they had one of the ladies brought him out to visit with me. I was soooo thrilled! I would never have guessed their feathers were SO soft!

TTFN